Whether online or on the street, January has always been a great time to grab a bargain on tech – and this year is no exception.
From TV deals to discounts on laptops, wearable devices and smartphones, leading UK retailers such as Amazon, Very, Curries and Argos are cutting prices this month, so now is a great time to use that Christmas money on that item you really want.
We’ve seen steep price drops in the past two months, since Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales hit the internet last November. After that, the holiday season ended with some fantastic Boxing Day sales.
The New Year’s Sale is your chance to grab great deals on tech, clothing, housewares, and health / beauty products. So if you’re looking to save some cash after the Christmas holidays, or just want to spend on gift cards, we’ve got you covered.
In the New Year’s mindset? Don’t miss it 25% savings on the Fitbit Versa 3 (now £ 149), but if you’re in relaxation mode why not take your TV viewing to the next level with this £ 500 off the 55-inch LG OLED C14 4K TV.
Our team of tech experts have put together the best January selling deals so you can shop deals online and from the comfort of your home, without any hassle.
The best New Years offers available now
New Years Eve Sales Live Now: Quick Links
- Amazon – Daily offers including savings of up to 52% off Echo Show devices
- Very – The super big sale includes discounts on tech, as well as deals like a huge £ 500 off the 55-inch LG OLED C14 4K Smart TV
- John lewis – Up to 50% reduction on house and electricity in the current winter sales
- Curries – Save on TVs, laptops, home appliances, games, phones and more
- AO – Winter offers including appliances, TVs, coffee makers and more
- Argos – Savings on thousands of products including technology, furniture and fitness
- Boots – Up to 50% off the big boot sale
- Selfridges – Savings include up to 60% off technology, appliances and beauty
- Sky – Savings on Sky Sports, Sky Cinema and broadband
- Lego – Up to 30% off Star Wars and DC themed LEGO sets
- EE – The January sale offers promotions on phones, plans and contracts without SIM
- O2 – Get six months of free data, calls and texts with selected devices
- Vodafone – Big Winter Sale offers deals on devices, SIM plans and broadband
- Mobiles.fr – January promotions include phones and SIM plans
- GAME – up to 50% reduction on selected games and consoles
- gifffaff – up to £ 70 off selected refurbished phones as well as new phones
Best TV Deals
Here are the best TV deals we’ve found online so far:
Best telephony contract offers
Here are the best phone contract deals we’ve found online so far:
Best SIM Phone Deals Only
Here are the best SIM plan deals we’ve found online so far:
Best Gaming Deals
Here are the best gaming deals we’ve found online so far:
Best Tablet Deals
Here are the best tablet deals we’ve found online so far:
Best portable deals
Here are the best laptop deals we’ve found online so far:
How to get a good deal in sales?
It can be tempting to see the discount and quickly check it out without really thinking about whether the offer was really a decent one, but there are some proven ways to make sure you get the best possible deal in sales:
- Compare the prices: It might sound obvious, but if you see an offer at one retailer, do a quick scan of its top rivals to see if it’s lower elsewhere.
- Be aware of the price match: Currys, John Lewis, and AO all have price match policies, so if one store sells one item at a discount, check the others.
- Consult Amazon prices: Amazon’s prices are aggressive, but if you want to be sure you’re getting a good deal, use the free online tool CamelCamelCamel – this tells you the lowest price the item has ever been, and when.
- Follow newsletters and social networks: Doing this can help you stay ahead of the game, so sign up for these mailing lists and check out these Twitter pages.
How long do the New Year’s sales last?
While the clue may be in the name, retailers can be a bit lax when it comes to the exact start and end dates for New Years sales. Much like last year’s Black Friday, the deals last. throughout January, but may have launched in the middle or shortly after the Christmas Day and Boxing Day promotions. Most end in early February, however, so don’t wait too long to get your hands on this sought-after tech gadget.
For the latest news, reviews and offers, check out the Technology section of RadioTimes.com. In search mode? Don’t miss our guide to the best TVs of 2022.